Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Rock of Ages, Google Play, and My Samsung Galaxy Note II

I am 37 years old now. I remember 1987 quite well, but I was in middle school. It was a very different world back then. I am pretty sure I liked Michael Jackson and Pop music at the time. Today, I am very much a contemporary country music fan.

Rock of Ages filmed 2 years ago right around the block from my office at a facility I knew as "The Edge" (later to be The Chili Pepper... Now I think it is called the Green Room). I was interested in the movie when it was released. The reviews were bad and I swear I didn't know anyone that saw it and knew how good it really was - so I didn't see it in the theaters.

Since it came out on HBO, I have seen the movie 5-6 times. It is the movie that every time it is on, I can watch it. Tom Cruise as the 80s Rocker? Love it! Alec Baldwin singing? Love it! Amazing 80s music - the reason to watch the movie!

This morning I really wanted to listen to the soundtrack. I have been too busy to buy it on ITunes and transfer it to my Ipod, so I tried buying it on my Note II through the Google Play store. I was impressed in every way and got to listen to it all morning (and now playing in the background on my PC).

Screenshot from this morning a few minutes after I decided I had to have it:
I noticed one comment on Google Play that said Rock of Ages is like the Grease of our generation. I am good with that. This is an amazing movie. It is a guilty pleasure. If you are between 50 and 32, this is a movie that you have to see.

No comments: