Friday, December 21, 2012
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Last month, Lauren and I had the privilege to head out to Las Vegas and watch Joe and a slew of other internet marketing professionals speak on various topics relevant to today's search industry. I took copious notes and have been summarizing sessions for the official Pubcon blog, in case any of you would like to take a peek at some of the knowledge that was shared to us. The first blogs have been posted, which you can check out here:
I will continue to post a few more blogs into November, and Lauren and I hope to give our link building tactics and upgrade and offer some cutting edge ideas to each of your accounts. If you ever have any questions or concerns you are always welcome to email me!
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Monday, February 20, 2012
A year later the site just relaunched on a new platform with almost no traffic loss and only slight ranking variations so far. That is a resounding success. The old site was awesome, the new site has more usability features built into it.
Why was the relaunch successful? They spent a year preparing with a well versed internal marketing team and some minor strategic guidance by yours truly. I am very proud to have worked with them, and wish Sheplers.com continued success online.
I will have to write a post soon about the debacle that Copa Airlines relaunch turned into over a year ago that I was also involved in.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
The sprinkler service / repair guy showed up right on time in a very clean, professional truck. I showed him the areas I knew there were issues. We recently had a few trees removed and they destroyed some of the main sprinkler lines!
He got right to it. Now, normally in the case of sprinklers, I am a do it yourself kind of guy. But I can also admit, when a professional should be called. He repaired two major breaks that I was aware of, and found two more. He swapped out a few sprinkler heads and then cleaned up behind himself.
I really like working with my clients when I get the chance. F &S Sprinklers did not disappoint. If you need sprinkler service in South Florida, check them out.
PS The price was right and the work was done in under two hours. Since I mention above that I really like working with clients, if you are a Pool Remodeling Contractor in Broward County, FL, Please reach out to me for a barter deal. :)
Monday, January 23, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012
1. Follow the SEO Diet. I preach / teach the SEO Diet at conferences and I fulfill those SEO guidelines for my clients… but I do not take care of myself the same way. The plan is to practice what I preach and add regular content to Tandem-Interactive.com, our Blog, and work on monthly high quality link building.
2. Give and Get Google+ Love. I am very pro Google+. I love that they are now pushing TV commercials promoting it. I think when the world understands that is affects search, it will really be game on! In the mean time I plan to use it for checking in, integrate it more into our sites, update it with valuable content, and get +1s wherever possible.
3. Be more proactive with client communication. Monthly reports are great, but the majority of Tandem’s clients are happy enough with their cash registers ringing and do not rock the boat. That is not good enough in 2012! Tandem Interactive was named for working in “Tandem” with clients. The more feedback we get, the better we can do. Tandem’s family has grown with the addition of Lauren Demarco. She comes from a customer service background and will be reaching out to everyone to get them more involved.
4. Research, Experiment, Learn. This year can prove to be a major game changer in Search. Social is going to matter more for regular SEO. The algorithms are going to get better. Local search optimization is getting harder. We are going to continue to devote time every day for learning. This is not an industry where status quo breeds success.
5. Track, track, and more tracking. Last year Tandem Interactive embraced Basecamp for our project management. It has been an invaluable tool for organization and accountability. We are going to continue this trend with more in depth reporting for 2012. We are also going to sharpen our focus with Google Analytics through custom reports and its latest features.
Happy New Years and welcome to a prosperous 2012.