Monday, March 25, 2013

Rudy's BBQ Nails It With Real Texas Brisket - Rudy's Anywhere

I tend to travel to Texas 6 to 8 times a year for client work. Besides the wonderful nature of Dallas and Austin, I love their BBQ. The first time I had Rudy's BBQ and they served it with sliced white bread, I had to have a strange look on my face. When I tasted moist brisket for the first time, I was in trouble. Anyone that knows me well, knows I am passionate about food.

On every visit to Texas I have multiple servings of Texas brisket, and at least one visit to Rudy's. I have even brought back pounds of it fresh carved and wrapped up for travel on the plane back to South Florida. Every time I do it, there are some seriously proud Texans in the security line seeing me bring back one of their delicacies to my home.

Sadly, it goes quickly. I started getting requests to bring extra back on my last few trips for friends!

I discovered Rudy's Anywhere about a year ago. I shipped two briskets to my door. The first one was disappointing. In retrospect I think my Dad did not follow the directions properly.

Yesterday for my son's 4th birthday we heated up the second one. IT WAS AMAZING. I was 95% as good as getting it fresh. I heated it in a sealed tin with a cup for water for 2 1/2 hours at 300 degrees. I watched the (very professional) Rudy's Anywhere YouTube Video several times to get the carving technique down pat.

I am going to be ordering monthly now!
Get your's here: http://www.rudysbbq.com/store/

No comments: