Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Favorite Marketing of 2013 – Taxi Video Advertising in Las Vegas


In October 2013 I took my yearly trip to Las Vegas for Pubcon. Just like a visit to Time Square in New York, I pay close attention when driving to soak up all of the advertising. This year, the official hotel was The Hard Rock Hotel. The suites were great. The restaurants were great. The center bar and the unofficial Pubcon parties there were great! We even had the Hard Rock Hotel’s social media manager, Eric Petersen spending time with us.

So what did I see this time in Vegas that really blew me away? What was so impressive that it makes my number 1 rating for best marketing of 2013? Show Media’s TaxiTV

Every time I took a cab from the HRH, the taxis were equipped with a ceiling mounted tablet. I could tell the programming was updated at least weekly. I could tell that the production of the advertorials was world class. I have some experience with professional grade video production from my training videos with University of San Francisco’s Online Marketing Certificate Program. The TaxiTV videos could be featured on HBO, the quality was that good. But that is now why I was impressed. Well, it was a good part of it. During each ride vignettes were featured about the Hard Rock’s restaurants. It was not a coincidence. The content was being served based on geography.

Think about the quality of the audience. I just left the Hard Rock. Now I am watching commercials for their restaurants and facilities. I am entertained and marketed to while riding to the conference center. When I get back later in the day, I am more aware of where I should be eating in my hotel.

The message was customized, targeted, professional, and engaging. It was the right message at the right time for me.

TaxiTV, keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing what you are doing this year when I am back.

No comments: