I do not know anywhere near what I thought I knew about the content network. Google did a really nice job with the training. There was time spent on targeting clients, new functionality, display ads, placement targeting, search retargeting, video, Youtube advertising and more!
There were some of my key take-aways:
- On average, Adwords advertisers get 20% of their conversions from the Content Network
- Display advertising online is on the verge of a revolution
- Content can equate to Brand Lift
- Ad Planner has been expanded to research the Adsense Network and the Doubleclick Network (http://www.google.com/adplanner)
- Check out what Google thinks you like: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences
- "Point in Time Products" typically do not perform well in content
- Opt out of Mobile targeting if your site does not look well on mobile devices
- Use the "Google Wonderwheel" for Keyword Themes
- Split Text vs. Display Ads in content targeting
- Use ALL Display Ad sizes
- Video can create a marketplace
- Amazing Youtube / Video Ad targeting tool http://www.google.com/videotargeting
- Let Auto Optimization do the work for you with Conversion Optimizer
- Search Retargeting (Search Remarketing) is the NEXT BIG THING!