Thursday, October 29, 2009

Why You Should Not Hire a Cold Calling SEO Company

This is a great article on why not to hire a cold calling SEO company.

I would go a step further and not even take their call. Nothing is more annoying that when one of my clients calls me after being ear banged by a moron about how bad their site is. Then I have to explain why cloaking or link farms will get them banned in Google. Even worse is when someone sells hard that they have backend access to "Inktomi" to change the rank of the site. Seriously? Inktomi has been gone for years!

Work with someone you trust and build a relationship with for SEO services. And make sure you keep ongoing communication happening to ensure the long term success of the relationship.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more. I get cold calls all the time and only take the call to tell them not to call me! The tactics are ridiculous, the callers are rude, & not talking to them is certainly a positive step in relieving the stress of your day.