Friday, February 1, 2013

Tandem Interactive Goes Green with a GEM E4 Car

I have been in the market for a street legal golf cart for a year or so. I have always been enamored with the GEM cars. Tandem’s office is right on Las Olas Blvd in Fort Lauderdale and we see these luxury golf carts or simple open air electric cars all day.

After doing a little research I found that Pompano Nissanwas a South Florida GEM Car dealer. A week before Christmas I decided to check it out. I met Bill Clements, the GEM Sales Representative, and test drove my future toy. This particular one was a 2011 model that had not sold. We worked out a price and I was on my way to my big family surprise.

Bill was amazing through the process. Pompano Nissan needs some work in the GEM area, but I think they will get there. They were not prepared with companies to finance the vehicle. I reached out to my old client City County Credit Union. Ashley Dietz, Marketing Manager, led me to Jodi Lyon in their loan department. Jodi was amazing. Working with the bank was amazing. They bent over backwards and even worked late to make sure the financing was in order so I could pick up my GEM the next day! If you need a loan in SouthFlorida for a Car, I would check them out! Since the vehicle is not in the NADA guide, we had to be a little creative with the loan, but the rate was still very good.

I dropped off the payment and watched the car get loaded on the trailer for delivery. There were a few open items with Pompano Nissan. I upgraded the wheels, but we had an issue with whether the lug nuts and center caps were part of the package. They resolved the issue. The title work is taking a little longer than expected, but they promptly printed me a second temporary tag. Pompano Nissan just opened a storefront for the GEM vehicles; I think they will do very well with them. I would highly recommend working with Bill there. He has been invaluable in helping everything get done.

This is a picture of my boys in the GEM Car:

 

I think this is one of the safest NEV (Neighborhood Electric Vehicle) around. I like it better than Street Legal Golf Carts for my kids because of the three point seatbelts and the forward facing seats. We have already put 100 miles on it. I do get some funny looks driving it around town. It is fully battery powered and is incredible for the environment. So that brings me back to it being another step for Tandem Going Green. While it has the range to drive it to work, getting around the Fort Lauderdale airport would be hairy because of the speed. I can totally see having it parked downstairs at some point and having all the employees use it for our snack runs and lunch breaks.

No comments: